Sunday 26 August 2012

26 Aug 2012 : Day 1 - Let's get started!


Day 1

I woke up late and I skipped breakfast. Well it's Sunday, suppose  a rest day for me. But I am eager to start training! So Sunday started late!

My Lunch:

I had a Indonesian traditional food Penyet Fish, which i don't think is a bad diet. But as for this 16 weeks program, this shall be my last eating such a big meal.  The truth is I am not sure what's big and what's small. But I am used to this amount of meals and I am having a big belly, so what I can do is to reduce the size of meal.

Penyet Catfish - Real delicious cuisines.  There's fried catfish, a bowl of rice, slices of cabbage, cracker, Sambal chili based sauce, lime and souce. I consider this a big meals.

My Trainning:

I know how important training is, but I still need to socialized,  after all its Sunday. So, I went for jog with my friends for about 30 minutes at a recreational park. It's a slow jog because my girlfriend can only run and walk slowly, but I am with her supporting her effort too.  My friends and I enjoyed it. As a result from my pedometer, I only run 4806 steps (not the whole day), far from the 10000 steps a day rule. But I think this is a good start.


Pedometer shows 4806 steps

After Jogging, I am suppose to stop any training, but I was to eager to do something. So, at home, I read the http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/ and start the WEEK 1 program for Resistance Training.  This is what I did:

***

A1: Standard pushups (3 sets with 20 reps each)

Seriously pushup feels to be very hard for me since I stop active lifestyle and working in the         office.  I stop halfway in the third set before continuing to finish it.

A2: Body Squat (3 sets with 20 reps each)

Done

B1: Stationary Lunges (3 sets with 15-20 reps each)

Done

B2: Pull ups (3 sets with 15-20 reps each)

I have to admits I failed to do this, I only can do one yet it's not a complete pull ups. So I decided to skipped pull ups, but will try to do it daily and with gradually increase the reps.

C1: Burpees (3 sets with 15 reps each)

Done

C2: Plank (3 sets with 45 seconds each)

Done

***

I guess there's a lot to improve.  One more thing is that I need to follow the combination resistance training rules.

My Dinner

For my dinner, I try to get the best from the food stall because I don't cook for myself.  I am ordering a Chinese food Chicken Siu Pak Choy Rice and drink Ice Chinese Tea. It's taste good and I am sure it's a balance diet.

Chinese food: Chicken Siu Pak Choy Rice. Siu Pak Choy is a chinese vegetable. It's medium size of meal, delicious and healthy diet.

Tomorrow's Plan

As for second day, I plan to do the resistance trainning and try to improve my pulls up.  I won't be doing any cardio as adviced in many fitness articles.
---


Day 1 photo: Just Started and I am glad it started.


I feels that I had a good start for this program and I hope I can keep this till I gain my six pack abs. Thanks for reading.

P/S (1): I will be posting some photos too.
P/S (2): I had posted some photos.  Hopefully I will be able to post some training photo or video..



No comments:

Post a Comment